Friday, January 16, 2009

We're having a baby this weekend! And I have hoarding issues...

Oops! Let me rephrase that... we're having a little foster baby over for the weekend! He's 3 months old; sweet, cuddly, and ohhh so cute! I love the cuddly baby stage -- you can hug them for a longer than 20 seconds and they don't even try to squirm away or say "mom, my friends are looking!".

We're all excited to do respite for my foster mommy friend. This is the second time we've done respite for him. He will go back home on Monday night... and then my sleeping will return to normal too. ;)

I'm secretly hoping this will get some of my crazy baby fever gone! I even went to Carter's a few days ago and bought him a warm outfit to look all cute in (oops, I mean to stay warm!). Oh, and I also got an extra gender-neutral one too... just in case, well you never know... AND the sale was really good! Way too good to pass up! And did I mention that I actually have several other outfits hanging in my closet that were too good to pass up too? Then I won't dare mention the Johnsons Baby Lotion that I got on sale for $1.17 (after using my $1.00 off coupon) -- cause that would make me definitely look crazy! :) Let me remind you that my "baby" is 5 years old -- and she won't even let me call her "baby" anymore!

Am I the only one that does this mass hoarding of baby items? lol

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you should see all the baby stuff in our attic! I started "collecting" it about 4 years before we even started the process of adopting!
    It came in handy when they dropped Josie off without ANYTHING!
    All the little boy stuff is packed up and ready for if they ever call us for a little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad I'm not the only one! :) I have totes of boy & girl stuff ready to go (just in case, you never know when they'll call!) and I've got a special stash of little baby clothes hanging in my closet too! lol Did I mention that we're on hold with DCS until we move? It's killing me --> Then we're changing our homestudy to foster/adoption! Woohoo!!! BTW, your little Josie is sooo beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete