Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is it Friday yet?!?

So today the kids are out of school for "possible" predicted snow & ice. That's TN for ya! It was snowing lightly a little earlier but now it has cleared up. I guess if the temp drops below freezing then we'd have a mess on the roads... but it's okay for now. The kids are keeping themselves busy so far and I've only had to give the mean momma glare a few times so far (that's good!). :)

I was thinking about this before Christmas... I secretly want a BIG snowfall to come, like 10 feet would be fine (ha ha). I have always wanted the big HUGE beautiful snow piles like I only get to see in pictures. I would love to have big family snowball fights outside, then come inside to hot chocolate with extra marshmallows & a roaring fireplace. Instead we just get lots of ice -- not pretty at all -- and you can really hurt someone if you throw a big ice chunk at their face! Plus, we don't even have a fireplace here either. See, totally ruined the ideal winter weather vision for me. Maybe one day though... a girl can hope can't she?? ;)

Oh, before I forget... remember a few posts down where we made the pinecone birdfeeders so the birds would have some nice food?
*Problem number one: I hung the pinecones up so high that the birds can't get to them. They would have to do like a fly-by (bird version of drive-by) and I don't think they can do that. So they've been just hanging around looking at them. I've seen them stand under them & stand on the kids swingset looking at them; I'm sure they're trying to devise a plan of attack. But that's kinda like bird mind torture so I will move the pinecones to the tree line so they can get to them. ;)

*Problem number two: Well, the poor starving cute little birds that we made the bird feeders for (like my favorite Cardinal who lives in the back trees) turned into BIG ugly crows -- 3 of them, like a crow bird gang! I had put the extra leftover bird seed in the birdbath b/c I hated to throw it away... Well, that plan totally backfired. The crow gang landed right in my favorite birdbath; knocking it completely over off the base; and it broke into pieces! Wahhh! That totally stinks! The crows are going down I tell ya! ;)

On a good note -- I felt bad about hiding the Oreo's from my hubby so I took them from their hiding spot and put them in the pantry. I'm glad to say that I still have quite a bit left. See, I can share, I promise. ha ha ;)

With the economy the way it is, it's looking like DH's job could be in jeopardy. We hope that's not the case... but I'm all about preparing just in case. I'm a planner, I can go with the flow but I like control too. So we sat down and made a plan to have our new house totally done & moved into within 90 days. That's so big! Of course, me being the OCD list maker that I am, we made lists for him of things to do this week and also a list for me to do. He's busting through his list... I've done a few things but need to kick it up a notch or two. It'll happen though! ;)

I want to do a long post on the new house that we're building soon -- I think it'd be neat to be able to look back and watch it all come together from start to finish. I had the best of intentions of documenting it all before we even broke ground... but then life happened and I didn't get around to it. Ugh, I hate that!

Anyway, lunch time around here so I'd better end this. Have a great Wednesday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment