Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today would have been my dads 57th birthday. He died suddenly in 1996 at the age of 44. I was 19 years old and away at college. I miss him so much.

Although the years have went by quickly, it doesn't seem to get much easier. I was daddys little girl. What I miss most though is that he isn't here to know my children... to share his love of music & instruments with them (my son loves playing the guitar & my daughter loves the keyboard, things he loved too). I hate that he missed getting to experience being a granddad to them.

I miss you daddy, I hope you're having fun playing your guitar in heaven with the other angels.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. That must have been wonderful being a daddy's girl. : ) I love this picture of him. Did he play professionally? Wishing you a wonderful week as you remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! Thanks for your comments - I love reading them! ;) No, he didn't play professionally, just locally with a band for years & years. Too bad his musical talent skipped me --> you should have heard my attempt at playing the flute & clarinet in the school band -- whew, badddd! I'm surprised someone didn't throw tomatoes at me! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I was there to help you through this time. I miss you and wish I could hang out with you now in person.

    ReplyDelete