I just want to take a minute to brag on my 5-year old daughter. She just has the sweetest, most caring heart.
Within the past 2 months she's learned about kids who are sick and need wigs made for them from her school. I told her about "Locks of Love", so we came home and looked them up on the internet. She then decided that she'd have her hair cut to be donated to kids that didn't have hair. She said that kids probably made fun of them and that made her sad.
She has *never* had her hair cut before so this was a BIG decision. After weeks of making sure she wouldn't change her mind (and talking DH into it; and even trying to talk her out of it just to be 100% sure), I took her to get it cut. She smiled the entire time it was getting cut off... 10+ inches is alot for a little head. She's even decided to grow it out again to donate again.
So K, this post is for you. Your mommy & daddy sure is so proud of you for thinking of others. I know how much you loved your hair but I'm proud that you realize that others would love it too. I couldn't have asked God for a more compassionate, giving little girl then you.
We love you!

What a sweet, sweet girl! My niece is growing her hair for the same reason!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I am the owner of Carolina Sunshine Designs, and if you would like to talk about a canvas, you can email me at CarolinaSunshineDesigns at yahoo dot com!
Wow! I pray my kids turn out as wonderful as your daughter. I am so incredibly touched. What a heart.
ReplyDelete