Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




Well, this is my first time so please laugh even if it's not funny. :) I always love reading everyones responses on their blogs so I'm finally joining in too!
Let's see...

I absolutely did not purposefully watch the one hour "Disney on a Dime" show that I tivo'd today (again!) with the kids to get them super excited about us going to Disney (one day). I mean, they'd be sooooo excited that they'd surely mention it to DH (for the hundredth time!) tonight -- meaning maybe we'd go sooner. Nope, I would never do that. That just wouldn't be right. I mean, we're saving our money for that... and so far, the kids & me have saved a mere $5.08 in our little plastic vacation fund bucket. ;)

Oh, and I would never have taken my kids to McDonald's today for lunch. Even if they are out of school and it's snowing so pretty out. I mean, it totally blows my "no eating out" resolution -- bad on the budget and bad for the body. So noooo way, I would not do that. I'm way healthier & penny pinching than that.

And you know that since I wouldn't dare treat the kids to McDonald's for lunch... then I wouldn't double dare get them a hot fudge sundae for dessert. That would be especially bad! All that ice cream and hot fudge, madness! And even if I did treat them to one; I wouldn't get one for me! Nope, not me!

I don't know about yours... but my kids are always asking me for candy from the special treat drawer. They had emptied their Christmas stocking candies into the drawer and were especially wanting to eat the BIG candy bar they'd been saving. Ughhh, they must not realize how bad ALL that sugar and chocolate is for you (did I mention it was a butterfinger?!?)... anyways, so I would never tell my dearest son that he couldn't have it, he'd have to settle for a small treat instead ~ only to find myself an hour after they'd went to bed... sitting on the couch... watching TV (probably The Biggest Loser! ha ha)... and EATING the candy bar myself! Nope, I would never do that... why that would just be so wrong of me! --> Plus to eat while watching The Biggest Loser is even more wrong! ha ha

And last but not least...

I have not been playing along with my 5-year old daughter, who has been pretending to be a dog for the last 2 hours (the barking; panting; rolling around; food dish and all!). And since I haven't been doing that... then I'd never have to admit that I even helped tape on some dog ears & a dog tongue on her from her HappyMeal box (no, she absolutely did not have McD's today, told ya so!). But just in case you wanted to see what she would have looked like... I mean, if this all had been true... I would have showed you this picture below! ;)


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- I love that picture! Too cute! Great 1st Not Me post. I came over here from MckMamma's. Your blog title caught my eye. That's my life, too- tripping over toys all day long. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great not me monday I thought the one about the taking the kids to micky dee's was very funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute Not Me! Monday post!! I actually did my first Not Me! Monday post this week too!! I totally understand the "special"candy drawer...we have a bowl in the pantry that all the candy {from bday parties, Halloween, Christmas, ect...} goes in, and my boys are always begging to get candy out of it!!

    ReplyDelete