We are in the process of building a "new" old farmhouse. A picture of it is above, but just ignore the dirt on the bottom of the blocks... it's a work in progess. ;) We bought the land about 5 years ago; made the move from the big city {DH & I both are city born & raised} to the country 3 years ago; and now we're building our little dream house! Well, technically, DH has been building it... I've just been a "supervisor"... okay, okay... maybe actually more like a "spectator" who is only an occasional helper. :) But either way, we've been building it now for over a year and a half. It's almost done and I'm sooo looking forward to moving in and making it our home.

So, when I saw a picture of the HGTV Dream Home (above) I was in absolute farmhouse heaven. WOW! It's so pretty and BIG. I love all the detailed molding outside; the rocking chair porches; the hanging lights; the welcoming front door. I just knew that I'd get some cool decorating ideas from it. We tivo'd the one-hour special and I just couldn't wait to see how beautiful the inside would be. I just *knew* it would be nice and homey feeling. Boy, was I let down....
First off, it's on a street in the middle of a subdivision! You look out a window and see a house directly across the street --> not at all what I'd pictured when they showed the grapevines & sprawling land on the preview talking about Wine Country! But that didn't deter me, I can hang... I just wanted to see the inside.

Ugh, another letdown. Who decorated the inside? Blah! It's wayyy too modern for the style of the house. Honestly, there wasn't ONE single room that I liked! I couldn't even watch for the whole hour.
I'm so bummed that I didn't even register to win it everyday like I'd planned after that! Oh well, that's one less post-it note reminder for me... ha ha :)
What's your thoughts on the HGTV Dream Home? Dreamy or not??

Welcome to the blogosphere! I love this house you're building and can't wait to see more of it as it progresses.
ReplyDeleteHave to agree with you on the HGTV Dream Home. I'm not crazy about the interiors at all. If I won, I'd have a lot of work to do to get it the way I wanted, that's for sure.