Our little girl K is sick today... headache; fever; throwing up (all at 2AM of course)... you get the oh-so-fun mental picture? She feels absolutely terrible. And I hate when she's sick -- I'd much rather for myself to be 5x as sick for 3x longer then for one of my kids to be sick. :(
But, on a little itty-bitty bit of a brighter note... the lady at the McDonald's drive-thru (yes, I so needed my coffee jolt this AM!) gave K two of the stuffed little dogs from the "Hotel for Dogs" movie for free. I guess she could tell how miserable she looked... and perhaps she secretly knew that K had started a collection of stuffed dogs, lol. That made her little face light up for the rest of the ride home after dropping her big brother off at school (K did not mind missing school today, btw, however her brother had hoped he could get out of going to school b/c she was sick.).
Little does the McDonalds lady know that K has been lining up all her dogs for baths/talks/naps/etc for over a week now -- they even sleep in her bed with their very own special dog blanket. Just check out my "Not Me Monday!" post -- K even turned into a dog for a couple hours! Isn't that bad?!? But it's oh so funny too.
I hope she gets to feeling better soon. We were going to surprise the kids and take them to the circus tomorrow night. I know she would really, really enjoy that -- as long as she's feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment