Monday, January 26, 2009

We must feed the birdies!

This is a fun project that I've been putting off for awhile. Well, actually not so much as putting off... but I couldn't find any pinecones! I was even going to buy some off Ebay (gasp!) or Walmart (double gasp!) until one afternoon last week, me & K were cruising around the school grounds going to pick up C -- and I spotted a million pinecones on the ground! I know I'm kinda dorky... but I was soooo excited to see all these FREE pinecones just laying on the ground! Who would've thunk it?!? All those pine trees on the school grounds have pinecones! Okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, I didn't even think of that! :) So I busted a quick u-turn; grabbed a plastic bag (hooray for random plastic bags in my minivan!); then me & K jumped out super stealth commando style and filled our bag full of pinecone heaven! ha ha :)

Anyways... here's what we did with them yesterday. They now have a new life as bird feeders!

You get some cute kids (okay, I'm partial); some pinecones, peanut butter, bird seed and string (even left over Christmas colored ribbon work too! ha ha)...


Put your string around the tops first. Add a bow to your daughter so she can see properly to spread it all, check. ;) Then spread on some peanut butter (I thinned it down with just a little oil). Notice little K looking all impatient, ha ha.

Now she's happy. :)

Put on the birdseed...

And we're ready to hang them outside!

{Side note: When you let your almost 10 year old son take the pics... you'll surely get a good nostril shot like this one! :)}



~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment