I'm sooo ready for the weekend! How bout you?
I've accomplished a lot this week though. I made my HUGE drop off at Goodwill. I dropped off *so much stuff* that I thought the concrete ramp might just implode when the last bag was sat down. I donated just about something from every room I think, except the kitchen maybe, I mean bags & bags & bags of random things. The little old man who helped unload everything from my van had to be 85 years old, he was cute & very nice. I mean cute in a nice old man kinda way. :) It was such a nice free'ing feeling of getting rid of so many things that we really don't "need", that I've decided to do another donate run tomorrow after I take the kids to school.
My almost 10 year old son did a project for Black History month. His assigned person was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I was glad he got him because it gave me & both the kids a chance to sit down and discuss him more in detail than just what they'd learned in school. The hard part was that his report could only be 2 paragraphs -- how do you take someone as important & life changing as Dr. MLK and condense that into 2 paragraphs?!? We finally got it all together and I was so excited to pick up C from school, to hear all about what everyone thought of his oral report. He was pretty bummed -- his teacher just said "next" after he was done and the kids barely paid attention he said. They didn't want to see the pictures we'd printed off or the "I Have A Dream" quotes we'd worked so hard on to glue all over the board... get this, they wanted to SMELL the SPRAY PAINT smell on his poster board! Forget the hard work guys, let's just sit around smelling spray paint and joking on how stinky it is. I hope that isn't a look into their futures... huffing is bad news. ;)
I ate lunch with K today and her teacher aide told me how sweet she thought K was. I hear that a lot about both of my kids {usually!}, I'm a very lucky momma. But what else she said really touched my heart and made me so proud. She said K is the only kindergartender that bows her head; clasp her hands; and prays before she eats her lunch. She just thought that was the sweetest thing, and so do I.
On the other hand, after school today I heard my 4th grade son C playing with K's leap pad in her room. It's the leap frog with all the alphabet on it, you can spell random words or play games to help you learn your ABC's/words. I guess C thought that todays "random words of the day" should be "doo-doo"... and then he started to spell "u...g..." -- that's as far as he got before I called him in the kitchen to where I was at. I asked him what he was spelling in there {with a mean momma face too} and {with that oh-I'm-sooo-super-busted look}, he said "fart". He told on himself because I didn't even hear that one! He must need to be reminded that us momma's can hear & see thru walls; nothing gets by us. He's getting himself in trouble a little too much... he must need more chores! ;)
I hope everyone is having a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm with you on "is it Friday yet"....
ReplyDeleteHang in there. 2 more days...
I love it when they tell on themselves!! So cute!
ReplyDelete