Thursday, February 12, 2009

My crazy busy week!

This week has been so busy!

Monday & Tuesday were house cleaning days (which I spend sooo much time doing ~ only for it to look like a tornado blew thru 10 minutes later!). I've been trying to declutter and donate things in each room. I figure that will help when it's moving time. What stinks is that I can only declutter/donate a big majority of the kids stuff when they're at school. Don't get me wrong, they love sharing with those who need, they'd give up every toy they had... but it's just the other "special" little knick knacks or "no, that's a collectors item" bubble gum wrapper collection that I need the ultra stealth mode cleaning day for. Hence, the blog name "Tripping Over Toys". My 5 year old daughter even has a string ball that she's started -- and the kids in her class give her the strings off their clothes even! Talk about a hoarder in the making, I may need Dr. Phil in a few years. ha ha I'm attempting to break the cycle now though now! :)

Wednesday was volunteering in K's kindergarten classroom until 1pm. I love her class; I especially love her teacher; she rocks! :) I had gotten talked into donating blood by the kids, so that took up the rest of my day before their school dismissal. I did good; even though I was facing the waiting crowd in the bleachers while donating {meaning I had to NOT pass out and NOT look scared and NOT cry, lol kinda...). Several people waiting for open spots were already looking scared and I didn't want to run them off with me looking nervous -- or worst, passed out! Luckily my blood was on super pump donate mode that day, so it took all off 5 minutes for my little bag to be filled. Yay! I survived, didn't pass out, AND even got a free OJ to drink and a "Buddy Blood Drop" stuffed toy. My kids were proud of me for not embarrasing them with an ambulance call and then they fought over that little Blood Drop Boy all the way home. ;)

Today I volunteered at the school from 8 till 12 to help with Picture Day. It was fun but hectic, I didn't sit down for a minute even. Who knew that herding kids around for picture day was like herding cattle (but without the cool herding dog)? And I wore my new cute shoes that have yet to be "broken in" so my feet feel like they have huge bunions on them now! ha ha :) I would have paid top dollar for some worn out tennis shoes after the first hour! ha ha After that was lunch with C, my 4th grader... that's always interesting b/c he picks a friend to sit with us and their conversations are always so out of my element -- all boy stuff! I was proud that today I acutally knew one of the answers about a Nerf gun, yay, point for me! lol After a quick Kroger run for Valentines party goodies for both K's class & C's class... we got to party hardy, eat tons of yummy treats and most important -- I finally got to sit down! Doesn't take much to please me today, huh? :)

The kids are out of school tomorrow so who knows what we'll get ourselves into. I'm thinking of maybe the local childrens musuem or on a walk if it's nice enough outside. Or better yet, maybe just a simple game here in the living room floor -- low key day! What I am excited about too --> we can sleep in past 6am tomorrow without the blaring alarm clock going off! Woohoo! :)

2 comments:

  1. aaaahhhhh the day of sleeping in! I feel like that day will never come!

    Right now sleeping in consists of sleeping til 7A and 7:30 with a hint of guilt. Hahaha It's definitely not 6 AM.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you. You're the best. Busy Mommy Ashley. :) A blood donor even...........you won't catch me doing that! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete