DH did good. :) I told him just to make me a card for Valentines... nothing more. He surprised me with a sweet funny card; a Butterfinger; a pack of mini-Cadbury bunny eggs for me & kids to share; and a gift card to Victoria's Secret too. He's a sweetie! He even checked out the Coach bags (my dream bag! even though my Target purses hold up just fine!) at the mall, which I'm sure sent him into near cardiac arrest because they are wayyy crazy expensive {you can't find them on the mall clearance rack I don't think! and they aren't found at his main hangouts of Lowes or Home Depot! ha ha} -- thanks honey, I know you try at all costs to avoid the mall and I'm sure you almost had manly convulsions while browing the oh-so-girly Dillards purse section, even if you didn't purchase anything. :)
DH cooked us dinner at home {calzones, yum!} then we headed off to furniture browse at Havertys. They have some really nice things -- kinda pricey, but hopefully they last a long time. Our Rooms-to-Go couch is on it's last leg & the fuzz is falling out; granted, it's 7 years old though and have made it thru many of my ~couch plopping down~ episodes so I guess it'll be happy to be moved into the man-cave to get away from me, ha ha. I scoped out a living room set named "La Grande" {American made, woohoo!} collection (it's leather, which usually isn't my thing but it's so nice & comfy too). It's a little out of our price range (okay, a lot!) but we'll see, I can dream. We picked out our bedroom furniture from the "Highlands" collection, very pretty! Ohhh, the best part --> laying all over the Temper-Pedic mattresses... awww, they were sooo nice! Our current mattresses are old and beyond flippable, way past their prime I'm afraid. I'd love to have a good, nice mattress that doesn't make my back-ache every morning! Surely I burn some calories though while I'm flipping around all night trying to get comfortable. I've heard good things about the Temper-Pedic, if only the price would be workable is a whole notha story though! ;)
Here's a pic of the bed we like...

and the couch...

We ended our "date" in the Barnes & Noble bookstore. DH found me the Jenny McCarthy book "Mother Warriors" on the sale shelf for $4.98! Regular price was $24.95 when it first came out and he remembered me saying I wanted to get it. I am looking so forward to reading it. I don't have children affected by autism in my family (yet anyways), but do have friends who have children on varying degrees of the spectrum and also have children in the school (where I sub & my kids attend) affected by autism. I think it'll be a good, inspiring read -- and Jenny McCarthy is such a funny girl too!
Oh, and I think I found my dream accent chair too. Very pretty! But I'm thinking that if I could look around hard enough, I could maybe find one like this at the thrift shops -- then I could change the fabric out on it. Here's the idea though... it's the "Yorkshire" accent chair from Haverty's. $499.00 -- ouch!

I hope (if anyone actually reads this!) that you had a great Valentines Day too! :)

Wow. Love that bed.
ReplyDeleteFancy couch! I do love the chair.
ReplyDelete