I tackled my sons room all day yesterday; daughters room all day today. In between the two rooms, me & the kiddos made a Target run to buy new bookshelves for both of their rooms. I never realized how expensive regular, plain ole bookshelves cost! Ouch! So, with one kid who fell down and skinned her knee coupled with a major crying {pitiful looking} epidsode in the middle of main aisle; and one complaining boy who hates to shop but enjoys sitting on every beanbag in the store kid later... we finally made our way to checkout and had 4 new bookshelves! :)
Have you ever read the Bernstein Bears book, "Too much stuff?"... I found that book buried in my sons room (if THAT isn't a sign, I don't know what is!) and that is exactly how their rooms were. I don't even know where half this stuff comes from, I swear it multiplies! ;)
Whew, I do feel like I've accomplished a lot though and have definitely burned some calories too. I have *tons* of things to donate to Goodwill tomorrow (I hope they have enough room, I should've warned them!) -- and I plan on sneaking in a few more big things while the kids are at school (sshhhhh, top secret!). It's so hard to sneak stuff in the donate pile with them here. Some of the little presents I got for Christmas are going because it's things I'd never use but I'd hold onto them forever in a closet -- someone else can use them, so they're gone (ahhhh, it's freeing! lol). I've got a lot of brand new looking books that I'm going to see if any kids at the school could use; if not, they'll go to Goodwill too. I'm taking my big magazine pile to the county nursing home, I'm sure they'd appreciate having them.
Next is the master bedroom/bathroom and donating some of the extra toddler clothes that I had left over from our last foster baby we had (she had outgrown them already). I was going to hang on to it all... but it's just stacked up and taking up wayyy too much room -- so I'll tackle that this coming week.
Me & the kids were looking back at our Destin, Florida vacation pictures from a few years ago earlier {see below pic} and I've been daydreaming of the warm beach, colorful sunsets, swaying palm trees and bunches of quiet... ahhh, relaxation! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment