Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What have I got myself into?

I wished that my mouth had a rewind button sometimes, it would sooo come in handy right now.

I told the kids a few days ago that maybe we'd go to Chick-fil-a tonight for dinner. It's kids night tonight (which = cheap kids meals plus playtime too; wearing the kids out before bed is always a goal! lol). And not only is it just kids night... it's the "2nd annual Princess and Superhero night"! The kids can dress up; eat their food; run around & play like wild-ones; and even get to meet their favorite superheroes. Yay! Can you feel my (lack of ) enthusiam? The kids are all excited, of course they didn't forget what tonight is!

The problem is that I'm just not feeling it... it's way cold outside and getting down to 19 tonight {brrrr!}... I'm crabby today... my house is a mess... it's always so packed there with a room full of parents & kids, hence no where to even sit down sometimes... and to top it off --> my son is freaking out because he doesn't look like the real bonafide Batman. I offered for him to be a princess instead - but he declined. ;)

Grrrrrr.... Now I have to figure out how to make a authentic looking Batman costume out of a half falling apart vampire costume from like 3 years ago. I need to figure out some pointy ears; a mask; the symbol.... ugghhh! I don't have any black face paint and I'm sure writing on your childs face with a fat black Sharpie surely would get DCS called on us {instead of the cheap meal that we're going for!}. lol :)

And I still need to find K a "princess" something to wear. She says that she doesn't have anything to wear either, "everything is too small" -- so she's wanting to wear an Eyptian costume that's like 3 sizes too big, fake gold wrap around the arm snake and all.

Atleast I know about princess stuff and can probably throw something together quickly. The batman costume though, I'm going to have to really work on that one. And I'm just not feeling creative at all.

What was I thinking?!? It would have been so much easier to stay home and cook chicken nuggets & fried in my own kitchen. What started off as a fun night out has turned into "Calgon take me away, pronto, stat, PLEASE!" kinda night.

Please someone tell me that it's Wednesday already!

~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment