Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tea Party Anyone?

Since the weather here has been so rainy & windy... we've had to be more creative with what we do indoors to keep the kids occupied while on spring break. It's hard work keeping them occupied. I'm not kidding, if I could bottle up their energy and sell it --> we'd be overnight millionaires! ;)

So we've played with toys & games; danced; watched some cartoons; did an impromptu circus act {Katelyn as the ring master/ballerina act & Cole as the juggling act} in the living room floor; and me & Katelyn even did some basic sewing. But I'm starting to run out of "fun" things... which is not good when it's looking like rain for the next 4 days! Yuck!

Luckily for me, Little Miss Katelyn always comes up with the cutest ideas of things to do or crafts to make. So while playing restaurant with her Dora kitchen, she decided to invite me & Cole to a Tea Party {fancy plastic dishes and all! yes, I super duper washed them first... complete germ-o-phobe here}. It was cute and we all enjoyed it. She even had Sierra Mist ready for Cole, the picky one who doesn't like sweet tea. Ahhh, relaxing! :)



Now I'm thinking that a tea party birthday in August might be right up her alley. I decorate cakes as a hobby, so I could totally make her a cute little teacup cake! :)

3 comments:

  1. that's so fun! I wish my BOY parties were that much fun! You think they'd know the difference this young... hehehe.

    I am going to have to pick your brain in the cake decorating dept! I love to do it but am so lost when it comes to GETTING THE ICING TO STICK TO THE CAKE INSTEAD OF THE DECORATING TIP!!! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy cake decorating - it's my little creative haven I guess. Bri, are you making the icing yourself? Buttercream? or buying the tubs of it? I should do a cake post -> Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How completely adorable. I love her little bow in her hair and expression. I would go completely batty if we had to stay indoors! You all are fortunate enough to be creative.

    ReplyDelete