Saturday, March 28, 2009

Done went and done it...

Me & the kiddos went to the Tractor Supply today... nope, not to get chicks - just to get dog & cat food for my mom. Yep, they had chicks ~ bunches of chicks and even rabbits too! And nope, we bought only dog & cat food. Aren't you surprised? I was. Those chicks were so cute & fluffy... and I just couldn't help but think of what wonderful addition they'd be to our new house and land. Katelyn & Cole both were just scooping them up and loving them. I mean, we need farm animals, right?? How can we be called a farm without farm animals? It just doesn't sound right. And I've read that it's harder to get chicks from the hatchery's this year because demand is so high... yep, you know where this is headed, I'm weak I tell ya! And of course, I totally had it all rationized out. :)

So, me & Katelyn decided we'd better go back and just a few little chickies to get us started... but then the girl who was helping us said we had to get 6 (a law?)... then for some crazy reason, I told Katelyn to pick out 8 chickies instead. Then that number went up to 10, just straight outta my mouth! What has possessed me?? :) We loaded up our buggy full of chickie things and quickly jumped into the van for the 20 ride home -- Katelyn held the little cardboard box full of chicks in her lap all the way home. She was even talking to them, yep, wayyyy cute! They all have survived so far (4+ hours) and are just "talking" away in their little make-shift brooder.

I'll take more pics later (of course!) but here are a few for now! Oh and PS: Cole wants to go back tomorrow and buy a bunny/bunny cage/supplies with his birthday money! I think it may be a good responsibility for him. And I think my husband is going to faint! lol ;)




Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww so fun! I AM SO THAT SUCKER TOO! haha... I am going to love getting all those fun squishy animals when we get settled a little more here. We still have a couple years before the kiddos can even hit us up for the cuddlies yet! hehe... we'd better start working on the "no and I mean it" face! HA!

    My husband has yet to come up with that face for ME, let alone our boys! hehe..

    Have fun with the peeeeepers!

    ReplyDelete