Awesome Breaking News! --> They're getting chicks in today! Which means... I am NOT allowed NEAR Tractor Supply -- because I am not feeling very strong today. ;)
We've wanted chicks for a few years now but I need to wait until we get all moved in and build a decent coop. But they are ohhhhh so cute! And I've read several chicken/farm animal raising books... so I'm all ready, right? David just said how cool it would be to get the kids involved in 4-H ~ so they'd learn a lot about helping raise the chicks. I could totally talk myself into this... which wouldn't be good! But look at how cute they are too {pic below}.
Ohhhh, I totally have to control myself today. I can hear them now... cheep, cheep, cheep, come buy me Ashley!... cheep, cheep, cheep.... lol!

And the precious fluff ball pup below is another one that we're so looking forward to one day soon! Great Pyrenees are the cutest ever... and they keep the coyotes away too! :)
The last time I went to Tractor Supply when they had animals (a few years ago), I came home with a cute bunny and all the bunny fixings {cage, food, watering stuff, treats, etc...}. The kids were stoked! So David was really scared when they had goats for sale in the front of the store -- they were all in the parking lot and so cute! Had they not been all males... it's very possible that I would have stuffed one in the mini-van and came home with it. :) And he thinks me bringing home stray baby kittens is a problem... ha ha ha!!
Another time, me & the kids ended up at a diary cow auction -- yep, I was secretly eyeing the little heifer bottle babies. I totally would've put one of them in the mini-van too... except they sold for around $1,000 a piece because of their cow lineage. So that totally killed that little plan. But one day I'll get one! :)
Happy Monday everyone!

Oh, little chicks are the sweetest little things.
ReplyDeleteOkay this is too funny! I want a great pyrenees too! And chicks are on my list. And I'm just dying for a miniature donkey. Thanks for making me feel more normal. I don't think my friends here in suburbia quite get it!
ReplyDeleteLOVELOVELOVE!!! Have I told you about Langley's letter book? I need to send you the Letter F Girl to have her picture taken at your Farm. :) We'll talk about it.
ReplyDelete