Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Calgon... take me away!

Today is not a good day -- my head has been pounding all day {I have migraines quite frequently... yuck!}; it's been raining and sooo windy here since lastnight; and the kids are off from school for their spring break... which equals to this --> I'm feeling kinda crabby and the kids can't go outside to play to run off their pent up energy so they've been arguing and uber moody all day long. Ahhhh... is it bedtime yet? :)

And obviously my hearing is going too along with my sanity... because I drove Katelyn 15 miles into town for her dance class in the pouring down rain (I so hate driving in the rain!) only to read the sign on the door saying they were closed this week. I was wondering why I was the only one in the parking lot. Hmph, guess I missed hearing that last week! ha ha

I should've known that today would be crazy --> yesterday I found a 4-leaf clover (a rarity for me!) and when I woke up this morning, my lucky clover that was so pretty yesterday had willowed, rolled and dried up into a 2-leaf clover. That was my sign that I should probably just crawl back into the bed. :)

However... on a small brighter note... several good things have happened today ~

*I did change my blog background to another cute bird theme. I'm totally digging all things bird themed right now, including the cute nest w/eggs & a small bird cage on my "decorating" table in my living room.

*I am totally skemping on the nutritious, healthy dinner tonight and making us some calzones. No slaving in the hot kitchen with a big headache for me... woohoo!

*And since I needed to look half-way presentable {versus the "just crawled out from under a rock" edition of me} to the dance moms who always look flawless, I took a shower... washed my hair AND styled it... and even applied some nice makeup -- all while the kids were having "quiet time" in their rooms (read it as they only banged on the bathroom door 3x versus the usual 8x, lol). Yay me! Even though I goofed b/c there was no dance class, hey, atleast I'm clean! And that matters for something. :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. sorry you were having a yucky day... but if your time is our time then it is bed time! haha!

    ReplyDelete