Yesterday my sons science teacher was arrested for federal charges of making child pornography. From what I've read so far, he has also been (grooming and...) bringing kids to his house for 30+ years and giving them drugs, alcohol, and videotaping them among other really gross & disgusting things.
Luckily for us, my son was never alone with this man, but I still feel sick just knowing that he even looked at my son and was in the same room with all these innocent children! I've seen this creep in the school parking lot and smiled at him -- never thinking for a second that he was a child predator. What's even more scary is that he would have also had access to the SAME bathroom that the school children use... and that just really makes me sick! :(
Luckily, he's off the streets now... but sadly, it took over 30 years for the real monster to be known. He has worked many many years for the big science musuem in Nashville; done youth camps; science homeschool classes; he's worked as both a substitute & regular teacher in both public & private schools; among many, many other places where as parents, I think we let our guard down a bit more. This is a blunt reminder that there are sick people everywhere; our children are safe no-where.
My prayers today are with the children who he took advantage of; for the families who are just learning that their child had associated with this sick-o; for the children who have had their pictures shared with other pedophiles; and especially for his own young daughter, who now faces the public eye in finding out that her father is a sick predator.
If you care to read the details about this monster... here is a link...
http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=16364
I am an avid news watcher and I hear these kinds of stories far too often... I just never thought it'd be in my childrens school. Call me naive. I just feel sick...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read your post about this on H.T. I'm just so speechless about it. I am praying for ALL involved.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this. It just makes me sick as well. How can an adult do that to children? I just don't understand any of it. I feel so bad for his victims, some will never get over an abuse like that. I am so thankful your son was never touched or approached by this monster. I know there are many of them out there, probably even reading this post. I know they troll blogs in hopes of finding pictures of children. (I know this first hand, as it happened to me) I am praying for all the children he has hurt over the last 30 years, and that he gets punished to the full extent that the law allows.
ReplyDeleteSorry, this is just something that I have a lot of anger and passion about.
I too am thankful that he is now nowhere to be with children again! That breaks my heart for the families just now learning all this. I hate that there are people out there with this illness!
ReplyDeleteThat is one of the main reasons I am going insane right now; I refuse to put my children in ANY form of childcare (even relatives) due to them not being able to talk and not knowing what could really be going on. I feel that once they get older I will feel a little safer but I can't ever let my guard down. But for now they are with me pretty much 24/7 and that is the only way I know there is nothing going on. My sanity is about shot but I know they are safe!